Lots of people enjoy winding down with a quality cigar, but many people don’t know how to choose a cigar that offers the best smoking experience. There are so many different types of cigars to choose from with various flavors, ingredients and styles, and choosing one can be overwhelming.
The good news is that there are a lot of tips that can make it easier to choose the right cigar. If you’re wondering how to choose the best cigar, keep reading.
How do I select the best cigar for me?
Here are a few things to look for when shopping for a cigar to make sure that you get the best smoking experience possible:
- Flavor body: Flavor is the most important factor to look for when shopping for a cigar. Cigars typically range in flavor from mild-bodied to full-bodied. In most cases, beginners prefer to start with mild-bodied cigars since full-bodied cigars can be overwhelming for people who aren’t used to smoking them.
- Shape: In addition to considering the flavor profile of a cigar, it’s also important to take shape into account. The two main cigar shapes are parejos and figurados. Parejos are traditional cigars that feature one open end and one rounded end that has to be cut before use. Figurados are bullet-shaped cigars with a pointed; designed to produce a more concentrated smoking experience.
- Size: There are two important measurements that come into play when choosing a cigar: length and circumference. The size of a cigar can have an impact on how the cigar tastes. A cigar with a larger circumference can offer more complex flavors, which enhances the smoking experience.
- Wrapper: When selecting a cigar at the store, look at the wrapper, and check for any defects. Tears or rips in the wrapper can affect the flavor of the cigar, and it can increase the likelihood of contamination. Find a cigar with a wrapper that’s completely intact.
- Color: Another factor to pay attention to when shopping for a cigar is the color. If the wrapper appears to be discolored or have a spotted appearance, it’s best to find a different cigar. A cigar’s wrapper should be a consistent, uniform color.
- Humidity: Even the best cigar can produce a terrible smoking experience if it isn’t stored properly. Cigars are meant to be kept in a very humid environment to prevent the tobacco from drying out. When shopping for a cigar, squeeze the cigar gently to feel for dryness. If the tobacco inside feels crackly or dry, it probably hasn’t been stored properly.
Finding the best cigar for you
If you’re in the market for a cigar that will provide you with a great smoking experience, stop by Emporium Tobacco & Gifts. We have been providing customers throughout the area with the highest-quality tobacco, smoking and vaping products available for over 20 years. Our team will provide you with personalized recommendations to help you find the products that are right for you. Stop by today to browse our extensive inventory for yourself.
Categorised in: Cigars
This post was written by Writer