A dab rig is a type of device that’s typically made out of glass and designed to be used with cannabis concentrate rather than cannabis flowers. You can find these dab rigs in Rutland, VT in a wide range of styles, from the simple glass tubes to electronic dab rig varieties. But regardless of complexity, most of these rigs will have a main rig and a nail attachment.
When used properly, dab rigs vaporize the concentrate without any need for combustion or flame application. Instead, you heat up the nail for a specific amount of time to get the surface hot enough that the cannabis vaporizes. Then, when you inhale, you draw in the vapor through your dab rig and into your lungs.
Here’s how it works:
- Secure the nail: The first and most essential step of using your dab rig is making sure it’s fully prepared. The nail must be properly secured to the rig. If it’s not, you could experience some significant pain if the nail comes loose and makes contact with your skin.
- Turn on the torch: Once you’re certain the nail is tight and in place, you can turn on the torch to heat up the nail. Apply the torch directly to the nail for about 20 or 30 seconds, depending on how thick your nail is and how much power your torch is capable of providing.
- Cool the nail: Let the nail cool for a bit before you continue with the process. The general rule used here is to allow the nail to cool for twice as long as you heated it, so 40 seconds to a minute should suffice. The nail will still retain a lot of the heat of the torch, so make sure you do not touch it with your bare skin—otherwise, you could burn yourself. Allowing the nail to cool a bit will produce a slightly lower temperature dab that will have more flavor while also being easier on your lungs.
- Apply the dab: Put your dab on the nail with your dabber in the dome. With a properly heated nail, the dab will quickly evaporate. Pivot the dabber’s tip until you’ve evaporated all of the concentrate in the rig.
- Inhale: When you’re ready, slowly inhale the dab. The word “slowly” is important here—going too fast could result in throat or lung irritation. If you begin to cough, this probably indicates you either inhaled too quickly or you had the nail at too high a temperature when applying the dab. It shouldn’t take long for you to begin experiencing the dab’s effects.
- Clean: When you’re done inhaling, you should clean the nail with a cotton swab to get rid of any excess concentrate that did not get vaporized.
Interested in learning more about the dabbing process and why people go with dabbing as opposed to using traditional joints or pipes? We encourage you to contact Emporium Tobacco & Gifts in Rutland, VT, and we’ll be happy to tell you more about what dab rigs are, how to use them and which options would be best for your needs.
Categorised in: Dab Rigs
This post was written by Writer