If you’re looking for a new way to smoke tobacco or cannabis, water pipes are a time-tested method. On the other hand, there are dozens of options at different price points. Should you spring for the art glass collectible piece, or can you get away with something less exotic? Here are some different factors to consider when choosing the best water pipe in Rutland, VT:
- What will you be smoking? Depending on whether you’re smoking herbs or concentrates, your water pipe selection will be different. Typically, tobacco pipes come with a female joint and a male jointed bowl, while water pipes for concentrates have the opposite configuration. However, there are accessories to convert water pipes for different uses. Decide what you’ll be smoking most often, and then choose the type of pipe that works with that substance.
- Which shape should you choose? Water pipes and bubblers come in a variety of shapes and sizes. The most common types are straight tubes and beakers, which have a flared or bubble base. The difference is mostly in how fast they clear—straight tubes clear faster, thanks to less resistance. There are both straight tubes and beakers for concentrates as well as tobacco and herbs, so you can choose whichever shape works best for your needs. (If you’re not sure, ask a friendly staff member for help.)
- What kind of glass thickness and quality is best? You might not think about glass quality when getting a water pipe, but it can make a big difference in your water pipe’s lifespan. There are two main types of glass: soft glass and scientific glass. Soft glass is a cheaper kind of glass, which is more prone to breaking. Pipes made of soft glass tend to shatter and can’t be repaired. Scientific glass is also known as borosilicate glass—it’s the type you might see used in scientific beakers. Some folks confuse quality with thickness, but the two are not equal. For example, a 9mm thick piece of soft glass is still more likely to break than a 5mm piece of scientific glass. Make sure to ask what kind of glass your potential water pipe choices use, and spring for better quality.
- What are your downstem options? The downstem is the part of the pipe that holds the slide, nail or pipe. They’re usually fixed on concentrate pipes, and removable on tobacco pipes. Some pipes are stemless. The type of downstem and percolator you choose can create different smoking effects, so ask a staff member what they recommend for your needs.
- What kind of accessories are available? Finally, find out what kind of accessories are available for your pipe. Splashguards, ash catchers and ice catchers are all popular choices for water pipes.
Now that you know which factors to consider when choosing a water pipe in Rutland, VT, it’s time to take your new knowledge to Emporium Tobacco & Gifts. Stop by or get in touch with us today to learn more or check out our selection.
Categorised in: Water Pipes
This post was written by Writer