From quitting smoking to soothing anxiety, CBD has been gaining in popularity over the last few years. Is it really the wonder substance that people claim, and is there scientific data to back it up? Read on to find out more about CBD health benefits in Rutland, VT—and if you have any questions, be sure to ask the knowledgeable staff at Emporium Tobacco & Gifts for recommendations and assistance.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a cannabinoid, which is one of the compounds found in the cannabis plant. CBD is commonly sold in oils, which contain various concentrations of CBD for many uses. At this time, scientists are researching the benefits of using CBD oils for a variety of purposes, ranging from mental to physical health.
Unlike THC, another cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant, CBD is not psychoactive, meaning that using it will not provide a feeling of getting “high.” It doesn’t affect one’s overall mental state, but research suggests that it can have significant effects on the body.
How can CBD help me?
While research is currently inconclusive at this time, many believe that CBD can offer the following health benefits for certain conditions:
- Pain relief and anti-inflammatory: Research has shown that CBD can reduce chronic inflammation and pain in some mice and rats, leading scientists to believe that the same effects may occur in humans. This may also be effective in treating acne.
- Epilepsy: The FDA has approved CBD for two kinds of epileptic seizures (Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome and Dravet Syndrome).
- Alzheimer’s: CBD might be effective at treating Alzheimer’s by reducing the social recognition deficit, or rather, the phenomenon where Alzheimer’s patients forget the faces of their loved ones.
- Anxiety disorders: One study showed that while doctors advise patients to stay away from marijuana and THC, as it can increase feelings of anxiety and paranoia, CBD may be able to treat PTSD, general anxiety disorder, panic disorder, OCD and more.
- Withdrawal symptoms: Anyone who has ever tried to quit smoking knows how difficult the withdrawal symptoms can be, and research suggests that CBD can help cut down on cravings for smoking as well as those with opioid addictions.
- Neurological disorders: Studies have shown that in addition to treating epilepsy, CBD may also be effective in treating other neurological and mental disorders, including providing anti-psychotic effects for conditions like schizophrenia.
- Cancer: One study in the United Kingdom has demonstrated that CBD is effective in stopping the spread of cancer, and may even promote cancer cells’ destruction.
While more studies are needed before these claims can be fully supported by the medical community, many people swear by CBD’s legal and healing effects.
Discover the health benefits of CBD in Rutland, VT
Since 1999, Emporium Tobacco & Gifts has been Rutland’s source for quality smoking and tobacco products, including CDB oil for humans and pets. We sell custom glass pieces, hydroponic grow kits, vaping accessories and more. Stop by today to ask our friendly staff about which CBD products and accessories might be right for you.
Categorised in: CBD Oil
This post was written by Writer